The department has the role of ensuring a secured and highly available information systems and technology infrastructure. It does this through a stable infrastructure, continuous availability, information security, good governance, improved service delivery.
- Ensure that the local and wide area networks are secured and always available
- Continuous monitoring and upgrading of the infrastructure.
- Implement sound evolving IT security and operational policies with the focus to ensuring compliance with regional and global partners.
- Develop and continuously maintain healthy network infrastructure and a reliant power backup solution
- Ensure a highly available and reliable enterprise network.
- Maintain an effective disaster recovery and business continuity policy guide.
- Ensure periodic testing at the various sites to validate the information effectiveness
- Provide assurance regarding the security and integrity of information stored.
- Ensure a good architecture and sound security platform for the Bank.
- Maintain a continuously updated security platform.
- Implement periodic assessments of the infrastructure
- Periodic network penetration testing.
- Periodic independent and internal assessment of the IT infrastructure
- Enhance staff knowledge on cyber security.
- Ensure IT priorities are meticulously established, aligned, and communicated through a transparent process to achieve its goals.
- Enhance governance of IT projects and management processes
- Establish an IT governance framework and related policies.
- Streamlining processes to align with the governance framework.
- Build, develop and retain a workforce to guarantee a succession plan.
- Establish an IT Governance function within the department.
- Implement an IT Governance Charter.
Enhanced Service Delivery
- Improve delivery through simplified communication and end-user satisfaction.
- Implement reliable, efficient, customized, and secure IT systems.
- Ensure effective/efficient performance of the core business applications and services.
- Improve communications with end-users, aimed at improving awareness about IT services.
- Improve IT development through appropriate engagement with service/solution providers.
- Initiate IT awareness program